Saturday, September 27, 2008

Life after Mary Beth...

I knew having a child would change things, but I never imagined exactly how wonderful it would be! Even through all the Drs visits for Mary Beth and for me, things have finally started to slow down. The last update, we were in the hospital with our little glow worm. She was abslutely amazing through the whole experience. She did so well just laying under the lights with her eyes covered and didn't fuss at all! It was harder on Mommy for sure!

While we were in the hospital with her, I started having some trouble breathing and some chest pain, so the nurse on the Peds floor thought I should go to the ER to make sure everything was ok. So, even though I didn't want to leave Mary Beth, Jonathan stayed in the room with her and I went down to the ER. After being there for 4 hours, they finally told me (after many tests) that I had quite a bit of fluid build up on my lungs. They gave me a Lasix to get the fluid off and told me I would be fine. Long story short, the next day the ER called back and said another radiologist had reviewed my x-rays and CT and found something the other didn't and I needed to go see my doctor for a follow up. Needless to say, he told me that before Mary Beth was born I was probably on my way to having pre-eclampsia due to the swelling. He gave me a prescription for lasix and I am finally feeling much much better!

We do have one more Dr appointment on Monday for Mary Beth at a Pediatric Urologist because of the fluid on her kidneys, so we are asking for prayer that it has corrected itself since she has been born. I will update things as soon as we know from that appointment.

Like I said, despite all the unfortunate things that have happened, we are both doing great now and life couldn't be better!

1 comment:

Collette said...

Mary Beth, you were such a good girl while you were in the hospital! It was so hard for me and your Mommy and Daddy not to hold you, but you needed the lights. Pa and I love you so much and are so happy you are here and very healthy!!
Love you!
Nana